Budget carrier Jetstar Pacific Airline (JPA) will start sales of one-way tickets priced at VNĐ11,000 (US$0.48) from 11pm on January 27 (Lunar New Year Eve) till February 5.
Insurance provider Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has received a licence to raise its capital to US$117 million, from $100 million, so as to invest in new distribution channels in Việt Nam.
- Vietjet will float its entire 300 million shares on the bourse, HOSE said in a statement on its website
- The Vietnam Software and IT Services Association (VINASA) on Monday launched the 2017 Sao Khue Awards under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
The Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MBB) has appointed vice-chairman of its board Lưu Trung Thái as its general director, with effect from January 16.
- FPT Telecom JSC and FPT Securities JSC, two companies under the umbrella of information technology company FPT Corp, both debuted shares on the securities market on January 13.
- One year after buying Metro Cash & Carry Vietnam for 655 million euros, TCC Group on Tuesday officially rebranded it as MM Mega Market Vietnam Company Ltd (MM Mega Market Vietnam).
- PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP) and Landmark Software Services of Halliburton, a US multinational corporation, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on co-operation in oil and gas exploration and exploitation.
Toyota Motor Vietnam (TMV) appointed Toru Kinoshita president of the group’s Management Board on January 1.
DHL Express has delivered 40 wheelchairs to children at the Đà Nẵng Rehabilitation Hospital in central Đà Nẵng City.
Phú Mỹ Hưng Development Corporation on Thursday announced that the third phase of sales of its Saigon South Residences would be advanced by one and a half months to January 15.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), a world leader in accountancy, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with four local universities to offer a certificate course.
- PetroVietnam Insurance (PVI) estimated pre-tax profit at VND730 billion (US$32.2 million) this year, exceeding the yearly plan by nearly 43 per cent, Vu Van Thang, PVI deputy general director, said.
- More than 150 enterprises will showcase their products at the Vietnam International Fashion Fair 2016, which open its doors on December 21 at Ha Noi's International Centre of Exhibition.
- Tima, a Vietnamese peer-to-peer (P2P) lending tech platform, has successfully gathered Series A funds from a Singaporean investor.
- Local carmaker Truong Hai Automobile JSC (Thaco) has asked ministries to give it preferential policies on taxes for the import of auto components.
Sài Gòn Thương Tín Real Estate Trading and Service One-Member Limited Liability Company (Sacomreal-S), a real-estate transaction company, has opened a representative office in Hà Nội at the Royal City Trade Centre in Thanh Xuân District.
- Electricity of Viet Nam (EVN) on December 20 inaugurated the Lai Chau hydro-electricity plant in Nam Nhun District in the northern mountain province of Lai Chau.
- Ha Noi People's Committee has registered to offload its entire stake of over eight million shares in furniture maker Xuan Hoa Viet Nam Joint Stock Company on December 20-30.