The Governor of State Bank of Việt Nam on Tuesday signed regulations on boosting restructuring of the system and settlement of non-performing loans (NPLs), and making the banking system safe.
- Foodstuff producer Kido Corporation (KDC) has finally been given the go-ahead to raise its stakes in Vietnam Vegetable Oil Industry Corporation (Vocarimex), paving the way for the group to penetrate deeper into the vegetable oils market.
- The VN Index on the HCM Stock Exchange advanced further yesterday after banks and some large-cap companies released their quarterly and yearly earnings reports, boosting investor confidence.
- The stock market will likely remain quiet this week as investors hold back from making further purchases, lowering trading liquidity, brokerage companies say.
- Some 48 per cent of 501 Vietnamese small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which participated in The Future of Business survey, have positive views about the current situation.
- Incorrect news broadcast by overseas media can hurt exports of tra fish this year, the Vietnam Association of Seafood Producers and Exporters (VASEP) has said.
- Microsoft and FPT last week signed an Enterprise Agreement focusing on digital transformations and cloud deployments. The agreement tightens the long-term strategic partnership that has been in place for almost 20 years between the two leading IT co...
- The property market will develop strongly in all segments this year, building on last year's robust recovery, experts tell Viet Nam News
Hastening institutional reform and improving competitiveness has become more pressing than ever for Việt Nam to help firms grab opportunities from several new-generation free trade agreements (FTAs).
- Cash as a mode of payment has declined in the country by 2 per cent in the past six years, from 14.02 per cent in 2010 to the current 12 per cent.
- Long-term Government bonds will remain the focus of the finance ministry in the future to help the government extend the loan due dates and reduce pressure on paying its debts.
With only a few days left for Tết (Lunar New Year), artisans in craft villages are scrambling to make products like sticky rice cakes and other traditional cakes, jams, dried shrimp and others to supply to the market.
Shares declined for a second day yesterday on the two national stock exchanges as traders stayed away to avoid losses before the market enters the seven-day Tết (Lunar New Year) holiday.
- There is plenty of optimism in the hospitality market this year underpinned by very strong international arrivals growth, according to a recent survey by a real estate consulting firm specialising in the sector.
- Consumers in HCM City can now use a smartphone app to trace the origin of vegetables sold at Co.opmart, Lotte Mart, Big C and AEON supermarkets under a programme run by the city Department of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Digital Agricul...